12/15/2009

Korto Momolu Poster

I admit this may be the most excited I've been about a design job in awhile. I'm a massive Project Runway fan and think that Korto makes absolutely lovely clothes. So I had a wonderful time going through her work and looking at pictures of her and her own fashion choices to inform my design.

In the end, I wanted something that was bright, classy, and somehow suggested that flowy femininity that is always part of her clothing. Part of that came from the bold, graphic print that I used for the background (part of a scanned in scarf), and then I added a punch of color by adding bold patches of it to my illustration. The image of Korto was hand drawn by me, then scanned and LiveTraced in Illustrator, and I'm thrilled with the outcome. I know I'm tooting my own horn quite a bit, but I couldn't be happier with this one.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Not sure if you found my blog though Korto's site, I also wrote an entry on her jewelry line last year: http://beadup.blogspot.com/2009/08/fashionably-friday-korto-momolu.html

    Your poster looks GREAT and I noticed that the event was yesterday -- I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually back in March :) Sadly I didn't get to go because of a slight scheduling conflict on my part, but the students said it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete