4/28/2009

AKA Posters

I actually did two different posters for Alpha Kappa Alpha, one of the sororities at the school. Their colors are salmon pink and apple green, which was great by me. Any excuse to work in lime-y, vibrant greens always makes my day.


This one was fun to work on. The sorority isn't scared of color and general fun and funkiness, so that means I got to get a little crazy with it. They specifically requested black and hot pink, so we were on a good wavelength right from the beginning. The tiara was done with a stock photo and LiveTrace in Illustrator, the flourishes and banners came from free vector stock from Vecteezy. The serif font is Minion, and the free script font is, I believe, Marchelle.


A sort of companion piece for Miss Black Essence. I literally had about two hours to design this one, but I'm actually pretty darn happy with it. The thing I like most about working with the sororities is that I get to make stuff girly. There's no need for it to work for the guys and the girls... it can be a little frilly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh miss Beth! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you! I really did have fun with these. They were a bit of a different style for me, and I always have fun with that.

    ReplyDelete